Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Borland going turbo again
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At August 9, 2006, 3:41 AM, Nando Dessena wrote:

> Milan,

M>> "The all new Turbo C++, Turbo Delphi, Turbo Delphi for .NET and Turbo C#
M>> include 200+ pre-built drag-and-drop components providing everything you
M>> need to start real development today."

> Yep, turbo products are just the parts of BDS 2006 sold separately at
> an affordable prices. The kind of move that wise people have been
> suggesting to Borland for the past 8 years or so.

> Might have made a difference in 1998, now I fear it's too late.

I don't think it's too late. In 1998, you already had Borland
Delphi(with a cheap Personal Edition, if I recall), so Turbo Delphi
wouldn't have been good at that time. But, when they introduced BDS
2005, it would've most likely been accepted having Turbo Delphi, since
it would've meant just buying Delphi(Personal/Express or Professional)
by itself. And, there are some today that are not upgrading to the
latest versions because they only want Delphi(Personal/Express or
Professional) and not the other personalities and tools that comes
with the BDS. And, with the Turbo version they will be introducing
Turbo Express versions, that will be free(similar in fashion to VS
Express).

And, by releasing the Turbo versions, the Developers Tools Group(aka
DevCo) is at least trying to show that the developer(small or large)
is their target market, compared to Borland that seemed to target
larger companies.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail