Subject Re: [Firebird-general] OT: Annoying virus sender?
Author Lester Caine
Svein Erling Tysvær wrote:
> The last few weeks, I've received a few "undelivered mail" messages. I
> believe these messages are due to a virus on a computer in Romania
> that spoofs the sender.
>
> During Easter, I received a mail with this bit as part of its heading:

Note the Class C address - never use that myself ;) all on Class A here
and the claranet host for lsces.co.uk has it's own.

> by ns.albrau.ro (Postfix) with ESMTP id F2C9339617
> for <svein.erling.tysvaer@...>; Sat, 15 Apr
> 2006 06:34:07 +0300 (EEST)
> From: lester@...
>
> Now, I'd be surprised if Lester (Caine) was in Romania and sent
> through the very same server (ns.albrau.ro) that has annoyed me
> lately. Hence, I guess whomever is (unknowingly) the virus host to
> have obtained both mine and Lesters email address from the same place.
> I don't think the Firebird Foundation has any members from Romania,
> and that leaves firebird-general (this list), firebird-support and
> ibobjects as the three lists that both me and Lester send emails to.
> Further, assuming such a virus not to have picked up only mine and
> Lesters email address, I thought it was worth mentioning here even
> though it is seriously off topic.
>
> If anyone in Romania reads this, I'd appreciate if you ran a virus
> check on your computer.
>
> Set
> -hoping that the infected computer is part of this list

I know that lester@... is being used illegally by a few
spammers, and there is sod all one can do about it :(
I also have now established that 'ntl' and a couple of other ISP's are
blocking ALL lsces.co.uk eMail and there is apparently nothing I can do
about that either.
Perhaps it's about time EVERYBODY got blocked, and only fully
authenticated senders are allowed to use an eMail address ? ( I wish )

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL