Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Confused,I feel
Author Pavel Cisar
Si Carter wrote:
> I was reading the recent comments by MySQL and original posts by Jim Starky
> and I feel a little confused, they both say that FB and MySQL are not
> competing for the same spot. Fair enough maybe, but what products do these
> RDBMS's compete with?

Firebird and MySQL going after different spots? Don't get fooled. We
compete, big time. This "message" should just easy some troubled minds,
and if it really means anything, then that we don't want to see the
other side destroyed and wiped out from the market (well, mostly). Call
it "friendly competition" or whatever, but we definitely race for the
market share. For MySQL it means more money, for FB project it
translates into more resources for development and of course money for
businesses built on top of FB.

best regards
Pavel Cisar
IBPhoenix