Subject Re: [Firebird-general] OpenCRX DBMS comparison
Author Ann W. Harrison
Daniel Rail wrote:

> I think I could me clearer. The views could be partially
> prepared/compiled(at creation time), excluding the optimizer
> processing.

Views are parsed and compiled into blr when they are defined. The blr
refers to fields and tables by name, so on first reference the view is
further compiled - semantic analysis, I think - so that it references
internal metadata. So, for a shared server, the view undergoes that
level of analysis when the first client connects to a database and
references the view.

Regards,

Ann