Subject Re: [Firebird-general] The MySQL License Question
Author Lester Caine
Milan Babuskov wrote:

> MySQL was also considered fast and light compared to PostgreSQL, but
> that was dur to MySQL not being transactional. It is now (as of v4)
> transactional, bowever only for ISAM tables, and the speed in
> transational mode is slower that PostgreSQL.

It is about time we set up some real speed tests, the problem is "Who
runs anything other than Firebird" ;)
I have some tests that run under PHP, which can be switched to different
engines by just changing connection string, but we probably need
something cleaner to do a real comparison.

--
Lester Caine