Subject RE: [Firebird-general] Choosing an Open-Source Database
Author Claudio Valderrama C.
Lester Caine wrote:
> dvanatta wrote:
>
>> eweek article: http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,4149,1433738,00.asp
>>
>> If you are curious why the author didn't mention Firebird in her
>> article then email her at: Lisa Vaas (lisa_vaas@...).
>
> Lets not antagonize her too soon. She has 'heard the call'
> and is finding out what she has missed :)
>
> So no mail bombs just yet!

Lester, reading that article, I found this part:
###
As pointed out (in a great article that's full of details concerning the
relative strengths of the two databases on the basis of features, support,
ease of use, stability, speed, existing skills and licensing) by Ian
Gilfillan in Database Journal, "best" is a loaded term.
###

The article references
http://www.databasejournal.com/
and you may see at the top: MsSql, Oracle, DB2, Access, MySql, PostgreSql,
PHP, SQL Etc...
Thus, the self-called "Knowledge Center for Database Professionals" is
missing FB, too.

(Beware this site has some nasty ads and the typical Macromedia shockwave
ActiveX is loaded, both of them squashed by my personal firewall.)

C.