Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Access to Firebird from Delphi
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At August 12, 2003, 06:39, Marc Geldon wrote:
> What do you think is the best way to access to Firebird from
> Delphi? Many developers prefer dbExpress because it is so fast
> (faster then IBObjects).

I've been using IBObjects for 3 years now, and I'm very satisfied. As
for the performance, I've never had a problem with IBO in that
regards. And, most(99%) of the performance problems I had were related
to the design of my application. But, I have to confess, that I'm
still developing with Delphi 5, which dbExpress doesn't exists.

Evaluate and make your own tests on all the options that you can
choose from, because you know what you are looking for and what type
of application it is going to be used in.

Also, to give you another option, there's FIBPlus that you can also
choose. (http://www.devrace.com/fibplus/)

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail