Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Firebird Standing
Author Phil Shrimpton
On Saturday 12 July 2003 01:31, james_027 wrote:

Hi,

> I wonder what is the standing of the firebird against other DB like
> Oracle, MS SQL, IBM DB2, My SQL, P. SQL.

Where it stands depends on what you want to use it for, what features you
need, what platforms you need to support, what is the performance you
require, what you development and deployment budget is etc. etc.

I don't think anyone could come up with a definitive statement (e.g. its
better than MSSQL but not as good as DB2, for instance) that applys to
everyone in every situation.

Phil
--
9:14am up 86 days, 22:07, 1 user, load average: 0.26, 0.08, 0.02
ICQ: 760757 AIM: pjshrimpton Y!: pjshrimpton