Subject Re: [Firebird-general] At last - our Firebird book
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:25 AM 29/04/2003 +0200, you wrote:

>I trust you won't make the book that much of an insider that only you,
>Claudio, Dmitry and Alex are the only ones able to understand it.

I promise not to do that. :-)

>Judging
>from the IBO GSG, you are good at making difficult things easy to
>comprehend for the novice reader. Will you be writing everything from
>scratch, or will you try to take advantage of some of the information
>published in Russian and German?

No, I won't *exactly* be rewriting everything from scratch. I'll be
sharing copyright with IBPhoenix and, with IBP's collusion, will
definitely be refactoring a lot of the new material I wrote for their
"Using Firebird" manual.

Apart from that, it will be all new stuff, something of a "proof of
concept" for the publishers, who are the first English-language publishers
ever to accept a manuscript about Firebird (or even about InterBase). For
contract reasons, I won't be colluding with the Russian or German authors
for this one, but I certainly hope we can do so for future books.

cheers,
Helen

See you at the First European Firebird Conference in May in Fulda,
Germany
http://www.firebird-conference.com