Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Repost:Firebird News and Press Releases Proposal
Author marius popa
Gerhardus Geldenhuis wrote:
> Hi
> In a brief corespondance with Helen I have learned that there is'nt
> anybody who currently co-ordinate firebird press releases to relevant
> sites.
>
> She has suggested that I post my suggestion/proposal here for reaction
> and or comment.
>
> I have declared myself willing to do press releases and setup some
> simple procedures to easily facilitate somebody else taking over from me
> for whatever reason need be. I feel that it is an important way in which
> we need to "advertise" firebird and it is a way for me to participate in
> the future of firebird.
>
> I would also be willing to update the news on firebirdsql.org more
> regularly with relevant things. The new Vulcan project would make a good
> item to place there as a news item relevant to firebird.
>
> Any comments/discussion would be welcomed.

very good ideea :)
if you have enough time
There should be someone doing the PR work for firbird and posting the
news (releases,yafill merger) to important sites
:slashdot,newsforge,linuxtoday,theinquirer...

For example i have already posted to theinquirer
http://theinquirer.net/?article=13223
next we need posting to the other news sites