Subject Re: About IBX and Firebird
Author mmenaz
I use IBO with native (non TDAtaset) components. The richness of property a=
nd build in behaviour of these components is really impressive. They just do=
n't compare with IBX, since they are not only connectivity.
I highly raccomand you using them, even if you don't have many records. Aft=
er a "shocking" start time, you will find yourself to be far more productive=
, and have a much more clean design for your app and for your database.
They are not cheap, but if you do commercial sofware, they value every cent=
you spend. If you are not, you can have them for free contributing to their=
improvement or asking the author for, under certain conditions, a free lice=
nse (but you'd better have a look at www.ibobjetcs.com and read the trustwar=
e license).
Regards
Marco Menardi