Subject Re: [IBDI] IBConsole
Author Daniel Rail
At 05/04/2002 01:15 PM, you wrote:
>Are there any plans to fix IBConsole for Firebird 1?

No there aren't and Borland has no intention in doing so. IBConsole is
developed using Delphi and uses IB Express components, which will never
support Firebird enhancements.

Take a look at IB_SQL from www.ibobjects.com. Also, take a look on
www.ibphoenix.com, there seems to be more there that are free.

>I'm sure both the above products will improve, but as IBConsole worked with
>Firebird 0.9.4, it shouldn't be that hard to patch it to work with 1.0.0. I
>don't have delphi, otherwise I would try myself.

Unfortunately, the source code of IBConsole is not available. And, the
problem with IBConsole comes from a bug fix that was introduced in FB 1.0
and was not done in Interbase, yet.

Daniel Rail
Senior System Engineer
ACCRA Group Inc. (www.accra.ca)