Subject RE: [IBDI] Couple of questions
Author Robert Munro
> -----Original Message-----
> From: dvanatta [mailto:dv@...]
> Sent: 23 February 2002 02:24
> To: IBDI@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [IBDI] Couple of questions
>

> Are there any ISP's offering Firebird?

I am intending to offer Firebird on my hosting service soon. I have a client
(http://www.viva.org) who is interested it using it as soon as their
internal database system is finished (which is also based on Firebird).
E-mail me off list for more information.

> Is there any open source Replication application in the works?

I have recently opened a project on Sourceforge called FIreBird Replication
Engine, FiBRE. (http://fibre.sf.net/). Currently it is just a load of ideas.
I am in the process of putting together a proposal for Viva Network to fund
this project. Assuming they agree, it will be full steam ahead.

Robert Munro