Subject Re: [IBDI] Another Firebird Logo
Author Helen Borrie
At 04:30 PM 30-04-01 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Just an experiment, but I'd interested what you think
>
>http://delphree.clexpert.com/pages/images/FirebirdSun.gif

YES!!!

Here is the legend for those who don't know the reason we chose the phoenix symbol:

Why the Phoenix?
The phoenix as a symbol of regeneration and integrity exists in the traditions of many different cultures. According to many of these traditions, this mystical bird exists in the world as a lone member of its species, to die and be regenerated according to a cycle of 500 years.
When its time for dying and rebirth is near, the phoenix builds for itself a nest of dry branches and rare spices, which is to be its funeral pyre. It lies down in the nest and sets it alight. When the flames subside, a magical worm goes to work on the remains and in the ashes an egg appears. This egg is borne away to a mystical place [the Place of the Sun] where it hatches and the life of the new phoenix begins.

>Of course, it's not polished at the bottom (I didn't master GIMP
>enough to do that).

Nick can get his artisans to fix that. :)

Cheers,
Helen

All for Open and Open for All