Subject Re: [IBDI] New logo version
Author Jeff Dodds
> On 2001.04.24 04:29:51 -0400 markus.soell@... wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I made a new version of the logo, inspired by a suggestion of Pavel.
> > The wing at the left side is detached, well see for yourself, I think
> > it's better, looks more like a bird ;)
> >
> > http://www.soell.ch/firebird

I prefer the original joined circle. Perhaps it is just suerstition, but
a complete circle makes me feel a lot more comfortable about the database.
Broken circle = broken database. I know it is unreasonable, but that's how
my mind works.

Plus, my eye is drawn to the bottom of the logo where the wing breaks off.
With the unbroken circle my eye is drawn to the head of the phoenix,
specifically the phoenix's eye. The eye is central and draws my focus.
When I look at the broken-winged logo my eye follows the path, head,
break-in-wing, follow-up-wing, firebird text. When I look at the circlular
logo my eye follows the path, head, eye, firebird text.

My 2 cents,

Jeff Dodds