Subject Re: [IBDI] Interbase licensing
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:30 PM 03-04-01 +0200, you wrote:
>I was under the impression that Borland was going to stop the user licensing
>scheme on Interbase. I feel I was put under the wrong impression. What are
>the Firebird people going to do in this regard. Are they also planning to
>follow the user licensing scheme?

Of course not! Licensing ONLY applies to the Borland commercial versions of InterBase. Firebird distributions will continue to adhere to the spirit and the letter of the MPL which forbids charging licensing fees - no matter how good it becomes!!.

Please read the Mozilla Public Licence which is the basis of the InterBase Public Licence under which the sources of the InterBase 6 beta were released.

Regards,
Helen

All for Open and Open for All