Subject RE: [IBDI] Mailing list confusion
Author Fabricio Araujo
On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:33:04 -0700, Tim Uckun wrote:

>At 01:55 PM 1/18/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>>As Robert Schieck (Darth Schieck, as Jason calls him now) is moderating the
>>list recently, and he has to read every single message before it gets onto
>>the list, expect that messages will appear only on the list in the canadian
>>wake-time....That means for europeans, that it will be a couple of hours,
>>before robert wakes up depending on when you posted the message...
>
>I am curious as to why you don't use the sourceforge mailing lists? Th
>eproject is hosted there and it seems like a logical place to put the
>mailing list too.

Maybe because the history of onelist(which was absorved by egroups,
which is yahoogroups now) efficience. All lists in yahoogroups (or egroups
or.. whatever of the 3 names you prefer) are fast and reliable.
So, since we are regrouped in yahoogroups for the majority of mailing lists,
why have the effort to change it? We have the best worlds here: the best
mail list system and the best source host web site, and at a small cost (souceforge
is free, Jason payed a small tax to get rid of the adds).
Why change?