Subject Re: [IBDI] PHOENIX IN ASCENDANT
Author Dorin Ionescu
>OK, Dale Fuller hasn't released enough for anyone to do a 6.1 build this
>week or even this month.
I think we can pass this sources through compiler. Just tell me that we
will never receive the corect source because I do not want to reinvent the
weel, create more things to debug, create branches in IB source tree at this
early stage.

>He won't release the user documentation.
1. I have downloaded the user documentation from IB6.0 Beta and is very
good.
2. ODBC :
3. IBReplicator

>He won't release the technical documentation or the build framework. Most
>vitally, he won't release the Test Suites. He will sell them to somebody
>willing to pay $10 million for them. They are not worth $10 million to us
>because we have the talent to reconstruct them ourselves.
Open Source is about creating Test Suites. Why do we need only one set
of tests ?

Any structure (like Inprise) create rules to protect the structure.
We are on our own now. We had 4 days of joy. Let's start working.

Dorin Ionescu
triada@...