Subject Re: Important!
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:03 AM 07-01-00 +0000, you wrote:
>Helen,
>
>While I apreciate the idea I think you will find that many people will
>resent being automatically subscribed to a mailing list.
>
>I strongly recommend that you do not auto subscribe anyone else. I don't
>mind the list being advertised on other Interbase lists etc but
>autosubscribing is really not very polite.
>
>Anyway the real reason for me writing is to see if my mail is accepted
>by the list
>
>David
David - not workable for a closed list. Sorry I had to do it this way but
time is short and there are many, many things to do. Can't handle
200 approvals so unfortunately I've done it this way.

The only people autosubscribed were those who had indicated that they
wanted to be in the initiative to save Interbase. It's simply a lot
quicker to let people send the unsubscribe email if they want out.

But thanks for your comments. As you see, you are here...

Because of time pressures, could we please avoid flames in this list. Send
me (or whoever you want to complain to) a private email if you really need
to vent.

Helen