Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Database Event Handling Reconsidered
Author Jim Starkey
No.  By default a request is committed if it finishes normally and
rolled back if it's terminated by an uncaught exception, but can be set
to require an explicit commit or rollback.  There is, however, no
transaction prepare call as two phase commit is automatic.

I should have mentioned that events are under transaction control --
dropped on the floor if the transaction rolls back and otherwise sent
after the transaction has committed, but that was true of Interbase
events as well.

--
Jim Starkey