Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] TLS
Author marius adrian popa
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Jim Starkey <jstarkey@...> wrote:
>  On 11/15/2010 4:03 PM, Paul Ruizendaal wrote:
>> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:21:26 -0500, Jim Starkey<jstarkey@...>
>> wrote:
>>> Maybe you could talk to Larry Ellison about including Firebird...
>> Huh???
>>

> The yassl license references the MySQL (aka Oracle) FOSS license which,
> in turn, enumerates qualifying open source licenses.  IPL and IDPL ain't
> there.  So no yassl for Firebird unless either yassl or Oracle change
> their FOSS list to include competing database projects.

I found that google chrome is using nss from mozilla and seems it's
quite small <1M in size
if is static linked

"NSS adds 781.5 KB to the size of Chromium on Windows, or a 4.0% increase"

http://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/ssl-stack
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/LinuxDebuggingSSL

I think is well tested in both Firefox and Google Chrome

yassl seems that had some critical issues in the past so i would avoid it
http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/27140/exploit