Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Check output parameters' value on input
Author Dmitry Yemanov
14.10.2010 11:19, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:

> My thread in firebird-devel about possible resource leak ended with resolution "forget
> it, resources will be freed on transaction end anyway". So, why to care in this case? All
> active handles will be freed some time.

Even a temporary leak is important. A prepared statement handle may
block deletion of the affected table or index, an active transaction may
block garbage collection, attachments may occupy significant amounts of
memory. Personally, I'd hate to have those "leaks" existing until your
application decides to terminate.

Dmitry