Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Major and Minor ODS Versions
Author Adriano dos Santos Fernandes
You again on this about minor vs major / you vs Borland... This make me
think:

1) Accordingly to you (and the way FB works now), minor ODS change can't
be opened by engine with handle same major but less minor version. So
from this POV, minor vs major is the same thing.

2) There is some things called OOP, interfaces and abstractions, I
believe you're forgetting it or just want to make an use-case for
multiple providers. Let's say, we discover our indexes are wrong or slow
for some cases. We create a new index representation on disk. This would
be "a major ODS change", and now requires two engines to be developed,
QAed, with much more chances to dangerous. It's much better to create an
interface that handle it, point it on the Database class accordingly to
the ODS version, in *one* engine, and get on with life...

Adriano