Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] External engines - security
Author Adriano dos Santos Fernandes
Roman Rokytskyy escreveu:
>> GRANT USAGE ON LANGUAGE JAVA TO USER NORMAL_USER1 WITH GRANT OPTION;
>> GRANT USAGE ON LANGUAGE DELPHI TO USER SUPER_USER1;
>>

> What exactly benefits do we get with such GRANT?
>
> - This GRANT is useless if SUPER_USER1 does not get a chance to put his
> DLL on the file system after convincing sysdba about the safety of the
> code.

It's not useless. Did you think current UDF security is good then?

We can have two databases with two different owners, but there is only
one place for UDF (and hence for external procedures).

If a non-privileged user can guess (it could be one well known) the name
of that module, he can use it.

Adriano