Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] External engines - security
Author Adriano dos Santos Fernandes
Jim Starkey escreveu:
> Everyone understands what it means to add support for external
> procedures via a plugin or an embedded JVM, but I don't understand why
> you are concerning yourself with security characteristics of the Java
> language, classes, or virtual machine.
Jim, there are many discussion about various things, but more
controversy IMHO is that Vlad said Java and Delphi/C external procedures
should have same security privileges for one being able to
define/declare external procedures.

This is unacceptable IMHO, as Java may be safe and Delphi/C code is not.

Ok, if I can't put a Delphi/C module in the server I can't use it and
then it's safe.

Our current UDF security (as well our security in general) is very
limited, let's invent something better.

Adriano