Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] External engines - security
Author Vlad Khorsun
> Vlad Khorsun wrote:
>> USAGE ON LANGUAGE privilege gives ability to CREATE\DECLARE\ALTER\DROP
>> PROCEDURE with this LANGUAGE ?
> Yes, except DROP. DROP is handled by the ways we already use.

Hmm... why ?

>> And not to EXECUTE\SELECT ? Correct ?
>>
> Yes.

Good ;)

>> I still not convinced we must implement privilege to call methods of Java classes which
>> is not registered (DECLARED) as PROCEDURE's
> I don't understand. What you mean "call methods of Java classes which is
> not registered"?

This is how i understand your phrase :
----
Here is how this is handled in Oracle:
dbms_java.grant_permission('USER_NAME',
'SYS:java.lang.RuntimePermission', 'getClassLoader', '' );

So Java code in USER_NAME schema is allowed to call getClassLoader() method.
----

As i understand "getClassLoader" is an Java method name, not registered
external function. Am i wrong ?

Regards,
Vlad