Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] External engines - security
Author Adriano dos Santos Fernandes
Vlad Khorsun escreveu:
>>> We have no agreement java classes must be stored inside DB.
>>>

>> It doesn't matter.
>>

> It does matter :
>

>> System classes will certainly be in filesystem and users classes may be
>> in filesystem or blob.
>>

> how user classes come into the blob\file system ?

This is plugin responsabillity.

That's one task for DBMS_JAVA-like package that I want in FB.

>> I suppose you not allow any site to run OCX on your computer, but
>> applets may run on it.
>>
>> And these applets can't read your disk, if you not choose to trust it.
>>

> Sorry i see no direct analogue with SQL engine

It's analogue when you consider the ISP case, i.e., server is not from you.

>> I'm not talking about execution of data segments, but in the case plugin
>> executing what is in blob in general (it can save to filesystem before
>> execution).
>>

> It can't save to filesystem if host process is not allowed to do it

But it runs in fbserver space, no? How can fbserver be allowed to write
to filesystem then?

>> GRANT applies to top-level execution only, i.e., what one have DECLAREd
>> and user can execute.
>>
>> We have no control of function names inside classes, so we should not
>> use GRANT for it, but J2SE security that is just for it.
>>

> So J2SE security may (dis)allow to do it for fbserver.exe ?
Sorry, but I'm not understand your question about J2SE security and
fbserver.exe.

Adriano