Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] External engines - metadata
Author Adriano dos Santos Fernandes
Vlad Khorsun escreveu:

>>> All we can (and must) to do is define and check CREATE\DECLARE\ALTER\DROP
>>> <object> privileges at database level. All other is external to database engine and
>>> not an our deal
>>>

>> The rights to declare external procedures/functions should be per language.
>>

> Why ?

For example, A ISP will not give rights to run Delphi or C++ code in his
server, but can give rights to run Java in the database, as he already
allows I run Java in the app. server.

>> So Java language may have more relaxed rights, and the plugin implements
>> security based on J2SE.
>>

> I still don't see why we must worry about external rights
Again, the ISP allows I run Java in his server because Java is "safe".

But he don't trust-me, to control his machine.

Adriano