Subject Re: List Idiots, was Re: [Firebird-Architect] Re: Gpre & Cobol
Author Lester Caine
paulruizendaal wrote:

> Lester,
>
> Nobody is arguing for allowing crap. My point was that the reply
> message after an unsuccesful post was unhelpful.
>
> I should have stopped at that, because the other stuff I mentioned was
> apperently incorrect -- see Helen's gentle post.
>
> However, if technically possible, I would recommend a bounce message
> like: "Your post has been rejected. As an anti-spam measure only
> registered members can post. Please register at <link> and resend your
> message. Thanks for your understanding."

I understand the problem is that sourceforge is not as 'admin friendly'
when it comes to that. I'm not sure *WE* get to see these posts, but I
only moderate on the Yahoo lists so I'm not sure. It would be useful if
we said there that first posts are moderated and may take a while to
appear. The number of time people repost within minutes when the do not
see their message ...
While these are all free services, it would be nice to have a consistent
and user friendly set of responses :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL