Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Domains and NOT NULL in PSQL
Author Adriano dos Santos Fernandes
Dmitry Yemanov wrote:
> And how/where should we store the "valid/invalid" flag? Note that I
> suggested to make it persistent. RDB$FLAGS in RDB$PROCEDURES?

We don't have RDB$PROCEDURES.RDB$FLAGS yet.
We need the flag for triggers too and we already have
RDB$TRIGGERS.RDB$FLAGS.

Would you like to have RDB$FLAGS in both even if some values could be
used only in RDB$TRIGGERS?

Maybe a new field is better.

>> And if at least one BLR has invalidated, the engine returns a warning
>> when altering the domain.
>>

> I'm not sure it's really useful. Sometimes it could cause confusion.

It warn who is done the change (in test environment) that something will
be wrong.
Otherwise the procedure could fail in production, like you said about MSSQL.

Adriano