Subject Re: SV: [Firebird-Architect] Indexes for big objects
Author Pavel Cisar
Nando Dessena wrote:

> apart from what Andrew Berg wrote, which I find entirely appropriate, I
> have to underline that you cannot reliably enforce uniqueness
> at the application level in a multi-user scenario, unless things
> changed while I wasn't watching.

Who is talking about maintaining uniqueness at the application level?
There is no difference between storing *unique* long field value (from
application) and storing any other *unique* field (hash). The mechanism
used to maintain uniqueness is the same - unique index.

best regards
Pavel Cisar
IBPhoenix