Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Re: User name SYSDBA
Author Dmitry Yemanov
"Leyne, Sean" <Sean@...> wrote:

> If that is true and if security were to be enforced at the prepare
> stage, then what real value would the proposed statement cache have?
>
> If I understand the statement cache, it would contain statements/SPs
> which have been prepared by other connections to allow for the 'prepare'
> and compile time to be optimized across connections.

A prepare consists of a lot of activities performed by the engine.
Permissions are checked _after_ the compiled and optimized request is
created (or retrieved from the cache). So there's no problem here.

BTW, some changes require that the cached compiled requests should be
invalidated (completely or partially) anyway, so I expect some mechanism to
be created for this purpose anyway.

Dmitry