Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] User name SYSDBA
Author Ann W. Harrison
Jim Starkey wrote:

> Tell me if this is a fair summary of your position. Because allowing a
> user to have more than one role per session is non-standard, you want to
> invent a whole new non-standard SQL object of group ...
>
> Both are non-standard, but changing the rules on roles is less so,

I disagree here. Giving non-standard behavior to standard syntax is
marching into the deep muddy - and you can be certain the water is going
to rise. If we want to do something different from the standard we
should use different terminology and be clear that what we're offering
is not what the standard specifies.

Regards,

Ann