Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Re: Future feature priorities
Author Jesper B. Kiær
Hi

Havening been a Notes/Domnio developer/administrator for over 10 years I
can not expres my fondness for replication high enough.

To simply a new Domino server to a cluster ...wupti ..the clustered
databases get replicated realtime. If a clustered server goes down it
..the databases just gets replicated when it gets back up and everything
is in sync.

As a database administrator this is really what you ove.

I love Firebird and to get some kind of simular replication features would
be fantastic! :-)

Until then I advise (Java) people to take a good look at C-JDBC -
Software Raid features for databases. I think their ideas are simply
great.

link : http://c-jdbc.objectweb.org/

and this http://c-jdbc.objectweb.org/current/doc/C-JDBC.pdf to learn more
about.

Very interesting reading.

Thanks to everybody working on Firebird!

It is really great to see everybody striving for making a great database
system .. even better! :-)

Best Regards
Jesper B. Kiær