Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Re: Strategic Replacement for Services API
Author Jim Starkey
Roman Rokytskyy wrote:

>I explained my worries about security (not authentication, but buffer
>overflow & Co.) and about the possibility that your server socket
>might be blocked by Windows XP firewall. If you consider them to be
>not serious enough to check, you're free to ignore them.

They are frivolous. If a server is installed on a machine, the ports to
talk to it have to be opened. This is as true to the admin server as
Firebird server or SSHD. Postulating a security problem because of a
buffer overflow before the code is even written is not exactly a
demonstration of good faith.

--

Jim Starkey
Netfrastructure, Inc.