Subject RE: [Firebird-Architect] Large catalogs and Full Text Indexing
Author Nigel Weeks
This is more suited for the firebird-support list.

Firebird's speed, as with all databases, depends on schema design.

Full text searching using the supplied tools(CONTAINING, LIKE) often results
in full-table scans, which can take longer than expected.

That said, there's a thread on firebird-support about adding a full-text
index as a separate table, which might suit your requirements.

Search the archives for "near-match search". I'm releasing working code for
it very soon.

Nige.