Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Supported transaction isolation levels?
Author Ann W. Harrison
Thomas Steinmaurer wrote:

> AFAIK, yes. When double-clicking a TIB_Transaction component, the
> following isolation level are chooseable:
>
> Concurrency (Repeatable Read)
> Consistency (Table Locking)
> Committed (Read Committed)
>
> The "Repeatable Read" term pops-up again here. ;-)

Right. Firebird (and InterBase) documents tend to use the term
REPEATABLE READ to mean that if a transaction does the same query twice,
it will get the same results - nothing more, nothing less. No that the
SQL people have redefined 'repeatable' to mean almost the same results -
nothing less and maybe some new stuff, we're in a confusing state.

Regards.

Ann