Subject RE: [Firebird-Architect] Suggestion about variable declaration
Author Claudio Valderrama C.

I guess you don't know FreePascal compiler.
Borland took Pascal but it has no ownership, so whether the language
disappears or not is not tied to Borland fate.

> If we're going to be playing with trigger and procedure languages,
> doesn't it make more sense to use C/C++/Java style declarations:

> rather than
>
> declare <variable> [, <variable] <type>

Why? It's the syntax in these languages.
If you want to write Java or C++, make interfaces to write stored procedures
in those languages or write an alternative built-in PSQL language with
totally different syntax. I find better to select between A and B than to
produce a mixture of both.

As Dalton Calford once wrote, almost anything can be expressed with the
current, "limited" built-in PSQL.

C.