Subject RE: [Firebird-Architect] Event log messages
Author Claudio Valderrama C.
Simon Carter wrote:
> Just curious, are there any plans to use Event Log message files for
> logs that use ReportEvent API in future versions?
>
> At the moment you get something like the following in the event log
>
> The description for Event ID ( 251 ) in Source (
> FirebirdGuardianDefaultInstance ) cannot be found. The local computer
> may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files
> to display
> messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the
> /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support
> for details. The following information is part of the event: Server
> Started: Guardian starting: C:\Program
> Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin\fbserver.exe[.

I researched this topic in early 2001 and several bureaucratic steps had to
be followed to register properly with the event log facilities. Therefore, I
abandoned the issue and I don't remember the details. Alas, I'm not sure I
understood all the needed steps.

If you find someone that's willing to contribute the needed code...
;-)

C.