Subject Re: Counter proposal to Temporary tables
Author paulruizendaal
Ann,

You have pretty much summed up how I wanted to do temporary tables
for Fyracle. As Fyracle largely sits between the client and the
engine, it can create the extra columns, views, etc. on the fly; it
can intercept attach/detach, commit/rollback and do some of the
cleanup automagically.

I guess this means too that it is conceivable to do a workable
implementation of temp tables by upgrading only the DSQL module. It
might be hard on the tool people, though.

Paul

--- In Firebird-Architect@yahoogroups.com, "Ann W. Harrison"