Subject Config Files
Author Jim Starkey
Roman Rokytskyy wrote:

>Offtopic: Does your config file allow something like <include
>/home/someuser/firebird/db.config/> to include configs from user homes
>in case of an ISP? (I just try to think whether user will have a
>possibility to change that value for his own databases).

Yes it does. There is a general include statement that translates
$(INSTALL) (the installation directory) and $(ROOT) (the installation
directory, the translation of an environmental variable, or a declared
root). The server can be started with an explicit configuration file
name, otherwise looks for $(ROOT)/server.conf. A client looks for an
environmental variable for a config file name, the local directory, then
$(ROOT)/client.conf. Both $(ROOT)/client.conf and $(ROOT)/server.conf
include a database.conf (to define local databases) and a vulcan.conf
(which defines providers).

So yes, the whole idea is that different people/groups will be
maintaining config files for their respective corners of the world that
include the system config files that describe the installed software.
Objects can be overloaded, and first hit wins.