Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Group Commits
Author Pascalis
This also means that any single client application cannot make more than 5
commits/sec. It may be unacceptable on some cases.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dmitry Yemanov" <dimitr@...>
To: <Firebird-Architect@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 8:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Firebird-Architect] Group Commits

"Jim Starkey" <jas@...> wrote:

> I'll try it again. A call to isc_commit_transaction waits until the
> next group commit cycle. On average, it will incur a cycle/2 latency.
> This must be balanced against the system cost of avoidable write
operations.

Got it, thx.

Can we suppose scenarios when even 20-50 ms delay on commit is unacceptable?
If so, may I suggest that a zero config option means no group commit? Or
perhaps we may introduce isc_tpb_no_group_commit causing transaction to
flush its buffers immediately?

Do you want to reuse the cache writer thread for this purpose or add a new
one?

Dmitry

Yahoo! Groups Links