Subject Re: Re[2]: [Firebird-Architect] IBX and Firebird
Author Marius Popa
If you work in linux you may try a lazarus ide project

lazarus.freepascal.org (On windows is still buggy..)
It have TIBquery and here is a example
myIBSecond.SQL.Clear;
myIBSecond.SQL.Add('Select count(ID) as NumOfItems
from items');
myIBSecond.Open;
If you need more help you can ask on lazarus lists
(How to install,build,enable ib components)