Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Re: [IB-Architect] Rebuilding foreign keys system indexes
Author Martijn Tonies
> At 10:02 AM 4/22/03 +0200, Martijn Tonies wrote:
>
> >Which reminds me - Oracle also has triggers that fire after each
statement
> >instead of each row... Also quite a nice addition :)
>
> How are used? I've never understood what they're good for.

Perhaps they're not even needed in Fb...

From what I remember (which is a couple of years back), you would
get an error with some trigger actions (for each row) that said:
"mutating table error" -> basically something happened to a table
and you couldn't use that table at the time. Therefor, you stored
PK values in a special kind of Oracle package (used as an in memory
array) on each row and use the "after statement" trigger to work
the memory array and do some stuff afterwards.

It might be that you couldn't access other tables as well if they were
changing because of actions that triggered the after each row trigger,
but as said - I cannot remember everything anymore :)

--
Martijn Tonies