Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] xml support in firebird
Author Phil Shrimpton
On Tuesday 25 March 2003 17:25, you wrote:

Hi,

> Anyone has any thought about any features about xml support in RDBMS.
> -- XML Document storage
> -- Retrieve
> -- Query
> -- Transform

I recently worked on an Oracle based system that use this 'functionality'.
Most of it was achieved because Oracle has an imbedded JVM, so you can use
Java code in Stored Procedures / Triggers (thus use Java XML API's), but it
also has some extensions to the Oracle API its self.

More info about the Oracle implementation can be found....

http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml/xmldb/htdocs/xmldb_intro.html

> I might sponser such a project.

I am sure the Foundation would be interested

www.firebirdsql.org/foundation/

Phil

--
Linux 2.4.4-4GB
7:42am up 13 days, 18:45, 1 user, load average: 0.49, 0.18, 0.06