Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Sweep and Garbage Collection
Author Pavel Cisar
Jim,

On 24 Jan 2003 at 19:08, Jim Starkey wrote:

> The theoretical answer is a serialized update log flushed to persistent
> storage that can be processed by a write thread and, if necessary,
> a recovery manager. But while that's architected, it isn't
> implemented.
>
> The practical answer is a) a generally very reliable system, and
> b) record updates deferred until commit time, followed by an
> extremely reliable flush process.

:-) I suspect that. It's completely reasonable for a system like
Netfrastructure.

It would be really cool to implement in-memory versioning in Firebird
(3.0 ?), but that would mean to focus on SuperServer and discard Classic,
right ? That would not please the Classic-centric wing of project :-) You
must be a very happy men when you don't need to make such technical and
political compromises.

Best regards
Pavel Cisar
http://www.ibphoenix.com