Subject Re: [Firebird-devel] Re: [IB-Architect] Bi-Directional cursor support WAS: Re: triggers + plans
Author Jim Starkey
At 08:58 AM 7/1/2002 -0400, Paul Schmidt wrote:

>Wasn't that the one with Bill the cat and Opus the penguin (just as fat as
the Linux
>penguin Tux but not as cute), I forget the name of it.....

Opus and Bill the cat were from a strip called Bloom County drawn by
Berke Breathed. The strip that popularized "transmogrification"
was "Calvin and Hobbs" by Bill Watterson. Breathed gave up his
strip when the released that all the money from plush dolls were
going to his publisher, who owned the rights (or so the story
goes). Watterson gave up this strip when he discovered he already
had more money than he could image. Both great strips, but Calvin
and his tiger are still deeply missed.

Jim Starkey