Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Bi-Directional cursor support WAS: Re: triggers + plans
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:49 AM 28-06-02 -0400, Jim Starkey wrote:

>(I do hope everyone understands that "transmogrification" isn't
>an actual English word but a reference to a beloved but extinct
>comic strip.)

Collins English Dictionary, 1972 edition:
transmogrify (tranz-mog/-ri-fi) v.t. (Colloq.) to transform completely as
by magic.- transmogrification n. coined word.

So it has been an actual English word for at least 30 years, Jim. We are
getting old when we can remember the origin of a coined word. <g>

Helen

All for Open and Open for All
Firebird Open SQL Database · http://firebirdsql.org ·
http://users.tpg.com.au/helebor/