Subject Re: [Firebird-devel] Re: [IB-Architect] Re: triggers + plans
Author Danny Garcia Hernandez
OK, I go to invite you to think.

Suppose that:

We have the most powerfull optimizer and a well-designed database (with a
correct collection of indexes), as you are saying. Still when the optimizer
be a wonderfull decisions tool, some people like to force it in some cases.
This is essencial for an opened database development where the developer can
choose too.

Then, TGRS concept suggests rapid actions inside the code, forcing the
optimizer some times could be a good idea. For me, plans in triggers should
be fixed.

Regards
Dnny