Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Aggregate functions request - FIRST() & LAST()
Author Artur Anjos
Slavek, I was thinking about something simple to implement, like
MAX(),MIN()...

MS# SQL Jet Engine:

<<
SELECT FIRST(field) AS [expression]
FROM table
[WHERE ...]
[GROUP BY ...]
[ORDER BY ...]

The FIRST function is used to return the value of the first record in the
designated field Therefore, this function returns a single value. Since the
records are returned in an arbitrary order, the first record will also be
arbitrary. You can use the ORDER BY clause to order the records.

The companion LAST function returns the last record in the designated field.

UDAF brings a new world to agg functions...

How about trying to keep this request open (I think it's easy to implement,
using the same approach that it's used now for MAX(), MIN(), SUM()....) and
get back to UDAF's in a different request?

Artur